Full Time Permanent Role
North Rocks Location with Onsite Parking
Not For Profit Salary Packaging
Our purpose and ambition
At NextSense, formerly known as the Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC), we’ve been supporting people with hearing and vision loss for over 160 years. We lead and influence the hearing and vision sectors, through dedication to our services, and advancing research, education, innovation and technology. We exist to enhance lives by working with people who have hearing and vision loss, so together we can redefine what’s possible.
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic professional to expand their teaching qualifications and skills in the field of blind and low vision. This vacancy is for a qualified teacher to work as a Teacher Consultant within Nextsense’s School Support Service (Vision) team. The successful applicant will provide educational support to students who are blind or have low vision in independent schools.
Experience working with students with vision loss is preferred however not essential. The successful applicant will have access to a range of professional learning and will be supported by a highly motivated team of Teachers and work collaboratively with a team of Orthoptists, Access Technology Consultants, and Accessibility and Inclusion team.
- Providing high quality assessment and intervention
- Supporting the hearing implantation journey with clients and their families
- Operating services and delivering NextSense programs both in person as well as through a range of technologies including videoconferencing
- Collaborating with other vision and hearing specialists and therapists to play a key role in implementing individualised programs for our clients; including early intervention
- Managing client related administration ensuring all client records, information and case notes meet legislative and policy requirements
- Understanding and using processes related to NDIS funded services
The person we are looking for
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in teaching
- Either prior knowledge or passion for working with students with vision loss.
- Strong appreciation for and understanding of technology as well as passion for learning new skills
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- A desire to work collaboratively with schools and other support staff
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Proven organisational and time management skills, including being able to work independently and with limited supervision
- A current unrestricted NSW driver’s licence
- Working with Children Check in accordance with Child Protection legislation & Criminal History check (within 6 months validity)
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration and salary packaging
- Generous leave provisions
- Access to leading professional development
- Collaborative work environment
- Paid parental leave
- Staff Mentoring Program
- Employee Assistance Program
We are here to help. If you have any further questions relating to this role please reach out to out hiring manager Sandi Ambler at firstname.lastname@example.org
NextSense is an equal opportunity employer and compliance with child protection legislation is essential.